Here are digital technologies that power direct mail’s role among your campaign’s channels, on and off-line
AUGMENTED REALITY (AR)
- Transforms direct mail into an interactive experience through multimedia content that can only be viewed with a mobile or tablet device.
- Engages tech-savvy Millennials, who are much more likely to use AR.
- Directs voters to campaign websites, social media, or other digital properties to get more information, download an app, or watch a video.
“SCANNABLE” QR CODES
- Guide recipients to watch video clips, download mobile apps, or visit websites.
- Drive to mobile sites to make it easier to quickly change or update content.
- Deliver strong campaign metrics which can result in stronger ROI.
NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION (NFC)—SHORT-RANGE WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
- Enables smartphones to detect NFC tags on direct mail.
- Triggers instant digital content experiences.
PERSONALIZED URL (PURL)
- Delivers a URL unique to the recipient.
- Facilitates a quick, direct response.
- Helps track and gather data.
- Richard Rushing, former senior director of digital strategy at agency Epsilon
- 2013 USPS Holiday Mail Campaign
- Pitney Bowes, “Getting ahead of the emerging QR Code marketing trend,” 2012
- Julien Gaudemer, “Mobile and online payment: NFC transactions estimated at 53.6 billion in 2018,” IDATE, July 5, 2014
Call in the experts
Let a USPS® Direct Mail Representative show you how direct mail can power your campaign.